This article will walk you through creating an About page on your single property site. Single Property Sites consist only of two pages: a property details page and an about page.
Quick Link to Page Creator
To get to the page creator quickly from anywhere on the backend of your site, just go to Create at the top toolbar and click Page.
Create a Page through the Page Editor
Alternatively, you can create a page through the page editor. On the main screen within your site, click on either your site title or Edit Site, both of which will bring you to the Website Details page.
Once you're within the site details tab, click on the Pages tab to access the page index.
Click the + sign to add an about page.
Both of these options will bring you to a blank page editor.
Page Editor Key
Here is a key to explain the different editing options within the page editor. Their descriptions are below the image.
1. Slug: The slug is there to show you what the address of the specific page will be. It will change automatically based on the page title. For example, if you change the title from About to About Placester, the URL will change from www.mywebsite.com/about to www.mywebsite.com/about-placester
2. Template: Edit the page template here. The only available template for single property sites is the About page template.
3. Page Title: Edit the title of your page to be displayed at the top of the page here.
4. Page Content: Edit the content of the page here.
When you’re done editing the content of your page, click Save as Draft or Save, depending on whether you’d like the page to be published on your site or not.
5. Display Full Width: This feature gives you the option to edit the format of the page. When selected, the page content is extended to the full width of the page. Selecting this feature will eliminate the Get In Touch form and Listings Search feature, within the page (please see screenshots).
Note: This feature will only function on a Default Page Template, within the Chicago, Madison, and Plymouth Theme.
Display Full Width Unselected:
Display Full Width Selected:
The formatting toolbar allows you to make some formatting adjustments within the page content. Here is a key that shows you what each button within the toolbar does.
- HTML: Click here to learn more about inserting HTML
- Formatting: format text as Normal, Header or Quote
- Unordered List: make a bulleted list on the page
- Ordered List: make a numbered list on the page
- Link: add hyperlinked text to your site
- Image: upload an image on the page. Click here to learn more about adding images.
- Video: embed a video within the page. Click here to learn more about embedding videos.
- Adding a Table
Need More Help?
If you have additional questions about creating an About page on your single property site, let our support team know at email@example.com.