This article will show you how to setup multiple widget ads at once using an agent or broker ID.
In your browser, open the Campaign Manager (CM), at pan.placester.com. Enter your log in details and click Login.
Creating a campaign
On the home page, click the + (Plus) button next to Campaigns. A small drop-down menu will appear, giving you three campaign choices:
- Single - this will allow you to create a regular campaign with individual ads
- Bulk: Search Ads - this creates autogenerated campaigns, ie the campiagn populates itself with ads
- Bulk: Widget Ads - this autogenerates ads for specific placement types, ie the home page or the sidebars
Throughout these examples we will be using placeholder ads to illustrate the steps involved in creating campaigns and ads.
Creating a campaign - Settings
On the New Campaign page, fill in the settings as follows:
- Name: Give the campaign a name that makes sense to you. We like to name in the following convention: Name of publication - Campaign type (ie 'Featured Search') - name of city/agent or MLS ID (depending on type of ads being created). In our example: "Placester - Featured Search - Boston". With each different campaign type, you should change the campaign name for future reference. However, feel free to name in any way that makes sense to you.
- For What Site: Select the website that your campaign will appear on.
- Advertiser: Select the advertiser from the dropdown menu.
- Total Budget ($): Enter the budget for the campaign.
- Pricing: Select the pricing type: CPM or Share of Voice.
- CPM ($) / Share of Voice (%): Select the cost of showing each ad, or share of voice percentage for each ad.
- Start/End: Enter a start and/or end date, if you want or need to. This is optional and not required to set up a campaign.
Example below. We have used "Placester" as an example advertiser.
NB: CPM pricing is much like cost-per-click. Set your budget and the cost per thousand displays. Search Listing campaigns should always use this type of pricing.
Share of Voice campaigns allow you to create campaigns that have a certain percentage of ad views - ie, if you select 50% SOV, then your ads within the campaign will show half of the time where that campaign has been targeted.
Targeting Your Campaign
These are virtually the same as Bulk: Search Ads, except that they are targeted at a specific widget on the site, ie the home page or an external page on your own site. They also allow you to set the pricing at Share of Voice, as well as CPM. Enter information as you would for Bulk: Search Ads.
Fill out all of the fields you require, like you would for a regular autogenerated campaign, then select your Targeting for the campaign. This can be either Any, for any widget on the site, or for the external home page widget only - External - Home - Featured Listing. Once you have selected the targeting, click Create Campaign.
Activating the campaign
To activate the campaign at any time, click the Start button. Once the campaign is started, this link will change to read Pause. You can Start and Pause the campaign at any time.
Clicking Archive will deactivate the campaign and all ads within it. This is unreversible.
Clicking Reports gives you the option to download reports about the campaign. These are available for the current month, last month, or the last three months.
If all fields have been correctly filled out, once you click Create Campaign, you should be taken to a page that looks like the one in the image below. This will show you how many listings have been found using the criteria and the broker ID entered, and what at which Zip codes they are targeted. Click Create Campaign once again to finalize the process.
Need More Help?
If you have additional questions about creating an autogen widget campaign, let our support team know at email@example.com.