This article will walk you through creating a new page.
Unlimited Page Creation
Placester allows you to create as many pages as you’d like on your website. There is not a page limit.
To create a new page, log into your Placester account to access the back end of your website. There are two ways to get to the page creator.
Quick Link to Page Creator
To get to the page creator quickly from anywhere on the backend of your site, just go to Create at the top toolbar and click Page.
Create a Page through the Page Editor
Alternatively, you can create a page through the page editor. On the main screen within your site, click on either your site title or Edit Site, both of which will bring you to the Website Details page.
Once you're within the website details tab, click on the Pages tab to access the page index.
Within the pages tab, you’ll see all of your existing pages, their statuses (whether it's a draft or a published article), and the option to edit or remove each one. Click the + sign to add a new page.
Both of these options will bring you to a blank page editor.
Page Editor Key
Here is a key to explain the different editing options within the page editor. Their descriptions are below the image.
1. Slug: The slug is there to show you what the address of the specific page will be. It will change automatically based on the page title. For example, if you change the title from About to About Placester, the URL will change from www.mywebsite.com/about to www.mywebsite.com/about-placester
2. Template: Edit the page template here. Our websites come with several page templates that are ready to go out of the box. This includes:
- Default Page Template
- About Page
- Agents Index
- Blog Post Index
- Client Profile
- Contact Page
- Listings Search Page
- Testimonials Index
3. Page Title: Edit the title of your page to be displayed at the top of the page here.
4. Page Content: Edit the content of the page here.
When you’re done editing the content of your page, click Save as Draft or Save, depending on whether you’d like the page to be published on your site or not.
The formatting toolbar allows you to make some formatting adjustments within the page content. Here is a key that shows you what each button within the toolbar does.
- HTML: Click here to learn more about inserting HTML.
- Formatting: format text as Normal, Header or Quote
- Unordered List: make a bulleted list on the page
- Ordered List: make a numbered list on the page
- Link: add hyperlinked text to your site
- Video: embed a video within the page. Click here to learn more about embedding videos.
- Image: upload an image on the page. Click here to learn more about adding images.
Need More Help?
If you have additional questions about creating pages, let our support team know at email@example.com.