The video and article below will show you how to create a new blog post on your Placester site.
Unlimited Post Creation
Placester allows you to create as many posts as you’d like on your website. There is not a limit to the number of posts you can create.
To create a new post, log into your Placester account to access the back end of your website. There are two ways to get to the post creator.
Quick Link to Post Creator
To get to the post creator quickly from anywhere on the backend of your site, just go to Create at the top toolbar and click Post.
Create a Post through the Post Editor
Alternatively, you can create a post through the post editor. On the main screen within your site, click on either your site title or Edit Site, both of which will bring you to the website Details page.
Once you're within the site details tab, click on the Blog Posts tab to access the blog posts index.
Blog Posts Index
You’ll see four sample posts that we provide you with to start. Feel free to edit these using the Edit button or remove them using the Remove button.
To create a new post, click the + sign.
Blog Post Editor Key
You'll be brought to a blank post editor that allows you to enter a title, content, an excerpt and a featured image.
Here is a key to explain the different editing options within the post editor. Their descriptions are below the image.
1. Title: Add your post title here.
2. Slug: The slug is what comes after the slash and is based on your post title. In this case, the slug is sample-blog-post.
3. Content: Edit the content of the post here.
4. Excerpt: Edit the post excerpt here. This is the snippet of text that will appear on the blog index page, similar to this:
5. Featured Image: The thumbnail image that will appear on the blog index page. This is different from any images you add within the actual post content and needs to be uploaded separately with the featured image uploader.
When you’re done editing the content of your post, click Save as Draft or Create, depending on whether you’d like the post to be published on your blog page or not.
The formatting toolbar allows you to make some formatting adjustments within the post content. Here is a key that shows you what each button within the toolbar does.
- HTML: Click here to learn more about inserting HTML.
- Formatting: format text as Normal, Header or Quote
- Unordered List: make a bulleted list on the page
- Ordered List: make a numbered list on the page
- Link: add hyperlinked text to your site
- Video: embed a video within the page. Click here to learn more about embedding videos.
- Image: upload an image on the page. Click here to learn more about adding images.
Need More Help?
If you have additional questions about creating blog posts, let our support team know at firstname.lastname@example.org.