[Video] Editing an Existing Blog Post
Check out this feature in action on our demo site Placester Realty!
The video and article below will show you how to edit an existing blog post on your Placester site.
Getting to the Post Editor
On the your Placester dashboard, click on Edit Site under either quick Quick Actions or your site overview, both of which will bring you to your backend menu page.
Once you're within the backend menu, click on the Blog Posts tab to access the blog posts index.
Blog Posts Index
Within the blog posts index, you'll see all of the blog posts you've created so far. If you haven't created any posts, you might just see the four sample posts that are provided when you create the site.
Click Edit next to any of your posts to get to the post editor.
Blog Post Editor Key
You'll be brought to a blank post editor that allows you to edit the title, content, excerpt and featured image.
Here is a key to explain the different editing options within the post editor. Their descriptions are below the image.
1. Title: Add your post title here.
2. Slug: The slug is what comes after the slash and is based on your post title. In this case, the slug is sample-blog-post.
3. Assign to Category: Assign the post to a category/ or create a new category (Essential and Premium subscriptions only)
3. Content: Edit the content of the post here.
4. Excerpt: Edit the post excerpt here. This is the snippet of text that will appear on the blog index page, similar to this:
5. Featured Image: The thumbnail image that will appear on the blog index page. This is different from any images you add within the actual post content and needs to be uploaded separately with the featured image uploader.
When you’re done editing the content of your post, click Save as Draft or Create, depending on whether you’d like the post to be published on your blog page or not.
The formatting toolbar allows you to make some formatting adjustments within the post content. Here is a key that shows you what each button within the toolbar does.
Scheduling Blog Posts (Essential and Premium Packages)
With our upgraded packages, you have the ability to write a blog post and then schedule the exact time and date that you would like your blog to be posted to your website. Under the Options header, you will notice a field titled "Publish Date". You have the option of choosing to publish the blog immediately or you can click the "Edit Button" to specify a more specific date and time.
You can choose the date, time and specify the time zone and your blog will be published accordingly. This function is also available for blogs that were already created and published. If you would like to update the publish date of a blog that was previously created, you would follow this same process.
Need More Help?
If you have additional questions about editing blog posts, let our support team know at email@example.com.