[Video] Creating a Page
See this feature action on our demo site Placester realty!
This article will walk you through creating a new page.
Unlimited Page Creation
Placester allows you to create as many pages as you’d like on your website. There is not a page limit.
To create a new page, log into your Placester account to access the back end of your website. There are two ways to get to the page creator.
Quick Link to Page Creator
You can add a page directly from your Dashboard.
If you are already in your site settings menu, you can access pages through the horizontal menu at the top of the page.
Within the pages tab, you’ll see all of your existing pages, their statuses (whether it's a draft or a published article), and the option to edit or remove each one. Click the + sign to add a new page.
Both of these options will bring you to a blank page editor.
Page Editor Key
Here is a key to explain the different editing options within the page editor. Their descriptions are below the image.
1. Slug: The slug is there to show you what the address of the specific page will be. It will change automatically based on the page title. For example, if you change the title from About to About Placester, the URL will change from www.mywebsite.com/about to www.mywebsite.com/about-placester
2. Template: Edit the page template here. Our websites come with several page templates that are ready to go out of the box. This includes:
- Default Page Template
- About Page
- Agents Index
- Blog Post Index
- Client Profile
- Contact Page
- Listings Search Page
- Testimonials Index
3. Page Title: Edit the title of your page to be displayed at the top of the page here.
4. Page Content: Edit the content of the page here.
When you’re done editing the content of your page, click Save as Draft or Save, depending on whether you’d like the page to be published on your site or not.
5. Display Full Width: This feature gives you the option to edit the format of the page. When selected, the page content is extended to the full width of the page. Selecting this feature will eliminate the Get In Touch form and Listings Search feature, within the page (please see screenshots).
Note: This feature will only function on a Default Page Template, within the Chicago, Madison, and Plymouth Theme.
Display Full Width Unselected:
Display Full Width Selected:
The formatting toolbar allows you to make some formatting adjustments within the page content. Here is a key that shows you what each button within the toolbar does.
- HTML: Click here to learn more about inserting HTML
- Formatting: format text as Normal, Header or Quote
- Unordered List: make a bulleted list on the page
- Ordered List: make a numbered list on the page
- Link: add hyperlinked text to your site
- Image: upload an image on the page. Click here to learn more about adding images.
- Video: embed a video within the page. Click here to learn more about embedding videos.
- Adding a Table
Need More Help?
If you have additional questions about creating pages, let our support team know at firstname.lastname@example.org.